Reaching Up to Worship – Reaching Out to Serve
Parish Vision – “Together we will build an atmosphere of faith in which the fruit of the Spirit will abound and draw others to Christ.”
- St. James
- St. John
- St. Margaret Mary
- St. Patrick
12:00 PM (noon)
12:00 PM (noon)
(A) St. James – 3rd Wednesday – Mass at 8:30 am at St. James and 10:15 am at Elderwood Nursing Home.
St. James – During Lent Mass will be at 5pm followed by Stations of the Cross and soup supper
(B) St. Patrick- 3rd Friday – Mass 10:00 am at Riverview / 1st Friday – Mass 10:30 am at St. Patrick
Reconciliation (Confession) Times:
- St. James
- Tuesday 5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
- Saturday 4:00 – 4:45 p.m
- St. John
- St. Margaret Mary
- St. Patrick
- Wednesday 5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
- Saturday 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Upcoming Community Events:
For information on all annual Community Events, please refer to the Community page.
Religious Education Registration - Grades PreK through 12
It’s time to register your children and teens for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry for the 2019-20 school year. Forms can be found online and at all church entrances. The registration deadline is August 20th.
Please contact Annette Larrabee at the main office (687-1068)for more information.
If your son or daughter will be entering 8th grade (or above) and has not yet received the Sacrament of Confirmation, he/she is eligible to begin preparing for the sacrament. This is a 2-year preparation program which will begin this September. Forms are available on the parish website and at all church entrances.
More information will be given when registration is complete. Please contact Annette Larrabee at the main office (687-1068) with questions.
Creating A Safe Environment
All volunteers who work with children, youth or vulnerable adults are required to participate in Creating A Safe Environment training, read the Diocese of Rochester Volunteer Code of Conduct and sign its Acknowledgement of Receipt and Acceptance form. Additionally, adult volunteers (18 and over) are required to complete the Criminal Record Check process. Active volunteers must complete this process every three years. Volunteers are invited to attend one of the following training sessions:
- Wednesday, September 4, 11 am in the Parish Center
- Tuesday, September 10, 6 pm in the Parish Center
Additional daytime classes and Online training is also available. Please call the office for more information (607) 687-1068
St. James Rummage Sale
St. James Hall
- Friday, November 8 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. with a bag sale @ noon
Clean, sellable items can be dropped off in St. James Hall. Please use the Clark Street entrance. Drop Off times:
- November 4, November 5, November 7 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- November 6 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 8 p.m
Faith & Reason - A program for high school teens
Sundays 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM at the Parish Center
This new class for teens provides a deeper understanding for living of the Catholic Sacred Deposit of Faith through instruction, prayer, and practice in this ever-changing world. To register, call the Faith Formation office at 687-1068. The first class will be held October 6, 2019.
non-renewal to Formed.org
NOTE: For your information, we will not be renewing our subscription to “FORMED” due to the high cost. While, this is a valuable tool, our financial position doesn’t allow for such an expense at this time.
Welcome Fr. Jeffrey Galens
Blessed Trinity and St. Patrick Parishes would like to invite parishioners for dinner after Mass to welcome our new pastor, Fr. Galens.
- Sunday, October 6 at 12:15 pm St. John’s Hall
- Sunday, October 13 at 11:45 am St. Margaret Mary Hall
Parish Life Survey update (7/24)
On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, the Parish Life Committee and Parish staff participated in a meeting to review an initial draft of the Parish Life survey summary report. The analysis and draft report were created by Shannon Kilbridge — Associate Director in the Dept. of Pastoral Services, Diocese of Rochester. In her role as an independent and neutral professional, Shannon explained her approach to creating the draft report, reviewed the report section by section, and answered questions by the Committee. Shannon will now make final updates and send the final report — along with all the completed survey sheets — to our new Pastor, Fr. Jeff Galens, for his dispositioning and communication to parishioners. We appreciate our parishioners continued patience with this process. Please continue to pray for Fr. Jeff Galens as he settles into our new parish communities.
Church History Study Registration at St. John
Registration is open during July and August for the fall study: Epic – A Journey Through Church History. We will meet at St. John. Meeting date/time to be determined later. Will run for 20 sessions starting in September. Sign up sheet posted on the bulletin board in the front of St. John or contact Patti Blazey at Patti Blazey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-642-8689
Fall Bible Study at St James
- Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom A 20 session in depth study of the Acts of the Apostles
- Beginning the Weekend of 8/3 – 8/4 after the Masses and will continue through the end of August
September 13—September 15
Notre Dame Retreat House, Canandaigua, NY
“Our Spiritual Journey”
Share in the Journey this year at Notre Dame Retreat House. Hear the stories from scripture which offer words of encouragement along our personal journeys. Walk… Pray… and Talk with Jesus as you journey through the retreat weekend. For more information, please contact:
Exult Rochester Annual Men’s Conference
- Rebuild the Family at Home, Through Church, and in Sports
- When: Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Where: St. Jude the Apostle Parish 4100 Lyell Road, Rochester, NY 14624
- Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Doors open at 7:30 am with Holy Mass with Bishop Matano at 8:30 am. Early Bird Registration is $45 (thru August 19th) Student-Age Registration is $15 www.ExultRochester.org
Fall Festival Update
- The youth groups of blessed trinity and St Patrick’s will be running the games at the festival this year as a fundraiser. We are planning to place boxes at each site for donations of new or clean, gently used items suitable for prizes.
- Other fundraising opportunities include: Raffle Baskets, Silent or Live Auction, Craft/Vendor Market If interested in organizing one of these areas for your parish site, please contact Ellen Pasto email@example.com or 607-687-4247 for more information.
- The food committee needs to replace at least one refrigerator and would like to add a small freezer for use during the festival. If you are updating your kitchen and would be willing to donate your used appliance, please contact the office.
- As always, we will be asking parishioners to volunteer their time and energy to help us make this year’s festival a success. Our previous volunteer coordinator is unable to continue in that role this year so we anticipate some changes to the process of signing up. Please be patient with us.
- You may drop off items for the Rummage Sale on June 22, July 13 and August 10 from 11am—2 pm at the McAuley Center.
Game Prizes Needed
Help the Youth Groups’ fundraising activity at the Fall Festival by donating new or “like new” toys and other items that they can use for game prizes. (Please be sure any items that aren’t new are cleaned before donating, especially soft toys.) If you aren’t sure what to donate, here is a list of suggestions to help you decide:
- Small vehicles of all kinds (hot wheels and matchbox size)
- Stuffed animals – new or nearly new
- Small sports balls and bouncy balls
- Card games (old maid, crazy eights, go fish, etc.)
- Action Figures
- Farm and Zoo Animals
- Unopened Kids’ Meal Toys
- $1 Store Items and “party favors” – silly putty, jump ropes, bubbles, hacky sacks, puzzles, craft kits
- School and Art supplies – folders, markers, colored/ scented pens and pencils, crayons, etc.
Please place donations in the bin at your worship site. Thank you for your continuing support of the Blessed Trinity and St. Patrick’s Youth Groups!
Daily Prayer of the Month (September)
We pray for the environment on the “World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation”. As we mark Labor Day we pray employers are benevolent and employees are conscientious. This Patriot Day may we remember we have more in common than not and be as unified as we were immediately after that fateful day. We pray for our children, teens and their teachers as they return to school. This Catechetical Sunday we also pray for our catechists who will teach the Faith. We honor Grandparents this Grandparents’ Day and ask that they guide their Grandchildren in the Faith. We appeal for our Jewish brethren as they celebrate Rosh Hashanah. Finally, we thank You for the colorful grandeur of Your Fall Season. We plead all this in the Most Holy Name of Mary and the Exaltation of the Holy Cross of Your Son, Jesus,
Please pray this prayer along with our Prayer Partners today and throughout this month. If you have a suggestion for prayer intentions please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Pray for:
Deacon Joe Federowicz
Pray for our Troops:
“Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen.”
Please Pray for:
Jennifer Leary Dean