The Pastoral Council is committed to building a community of faith, worship, service, and love. Their three main responsibilities are to:
- Represent the pastoral needs of the parishioners.
- Advise the pastor and provide recommendations for parish priorities, directions, and policies through pastoral planning.
- Develop and lead the implementation of short- and long-term goals of the parishes.
To facilitate these responsibilities, the Pastoral Council:
- Conducts needs assessments and collaborates with other parish organizations.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among the parish organizations, worship sites, the parish, the diocese, and the universal Church.
- Establishes the processes and procedures to disseminate information and publicize activities to the worship sites.
The Pastoral Council is composed of sixteen members. Twelve of these will be adult members and serve three-year terms. There shall be at least two members from each church. The Pastor will also appoint four youth members (one from each church) with input from the Youth Ministers. The Youth members shall serve a one-year renewable term. The Parochial Vicar and the Pastoral Associates will be ex-officio members.
[event_embed tag=”pastoral-council” nothing_found_text=”Currently there are no upcoming events.”]